ETAC is a carbon steel cookware and bakeware manufacturer. ETAC is unique in the cookware and bakeware industry as we are among the first to create, on carbon steel, a high-quality, authentic ceramic-coated collection. ETAC has branded this highly innovative cookware and bakeware collection as Exdura Green.
Advantages of Exdura Green
1) PFOA/ PTFE Free. Unlike Teflon or other non-stick products Exdura Green does not contain these harmful chemicals.
PFOA, or perfluorooctanoic acid, is a processing agent widely used in manufacturing that has been detected in water, food, wildlife, and human blood samples. The Environmental Protection Agency cites it for causing birth defects in laboratory animals and has urged that companies eliminate it by 2015.
PTFE is polytetrafluoroethylene. Though inert, when heated above 660 degrees (a range easily reached if the pan is left empty over high heat), PTFE breaks down and releases toxic fumes that can kill birds and cause flu-like symptoms in people.
2) Supreme Non-Stick surface. Our ceramic coating is highly anti-adherent, so much so that cooking oil does not need to be added to the pan prior to cooking.
3) Colour Stain Resistance. There are some concerns with ceramic coatings that for products that require some boiling of liquids, such as casseroles or skillets, or for those that require baking that some colour staining will occur. Our R&D and QC departments have both conducted their own rigorous tests for this and have developed a ceramic coating composition and production procedure that can prevent this problem from occurring.
4) Scratch resistant. We recommend wooden or plastic utensils but metal utensils can, with care, be used as well.
5) Highly attractive appearance. We can do our inner ceramic coating in both a cream and black colour. Along with our stylish handles Exdura Green has a very appealing and eye-catching appearance to a browsing customer.
6) Heat resistance. Unlike Teflon or other non-stick pans Exdura Green does not, while at a high temperature, emit harmful chemicals, such as PTFE (mentioned above). Some non-stick pans such as Teflon when heated at around 350 degrees emit a harmful smoke, our carbon steel cookware with its ceramic coating does not do this.
7) Durability. Ceramic as a material easily cracks, therefore for it to be a high quality cooking surface it needs a strong base on which to settle and form. Unlike Aluminum, which is not made of a strong construction, Carbon Steel has high strength and very good heat resistance. Therefore compared to Aluminum, Carbon Steel has the more ideal properties for a long lasting, high quality ceramic-coated cookware surface.
Exdura Green Summary
We take pride in the fact that through extensive testing and research we have created and manufactured Exdura Green. Its quality is proven by the fact that it has undergone years of rigorous road-testing by our diversified customer base, who have used this product without any difficulty and with a lot of pleasure.